Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Radio Publicity For Towing Utopia




In addition to the blurb in City Pages, Towing Utopia got radio publicity a few days ago.

I was heading to Alexandria on Interstate 94 to see my brother and have him put a muffler on the Vernie Mobile, since the old muffler, um, FELL OFF from all the rust...and it was about 6 a.m., with lots of blowing snow. A local radio station was asking motorists for a weather report.

So I pulled to the side of the road and gave them a report, complete with funny commentary on getting passed by trucks all the time, kicking up snow, since my car was such a piece of crap but, like my brother says, "You just can't kill a Celebrity."

No, you don't get up in the morning and say "Today, I will kill a Celebrity." It takes thought. Planning. Much effort. A little luck. A Celebrity will keep going forever.

After I gave the weather report, I made a nice segue to the problems University students have with towing when it snows. The female DJ--there is always a female DJ to go with a male counterpart, isn't there, a female DJ with a voice like "honey on the rocks"--agreed, and said her friends at the University of Minnesota were always suffering from getting towed.

So, yeah, I totally plugged the blog. The "towing utopia" movement is building. I also talked to my old Daily editor, Karl Noyes, who had some good ideas about building site traffic.

No comments: