Sunday, March 30, 2008

Parody Song--PAINT IT RED


The story about the tow truck companies in California painting curbs red to justify illegal tows inspired me to write this song, sung to the tune of "Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stones.


I see yellow curbs, but I want to paint them red

No yellow anymore, I want them to turn red

I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes

As soon as they are gone, it’s then I start my tows

I see a line of cars; the curbs are still quite yellow

I paint the curbside red, I am a clever fellow

Like newborn babies, I just happen every day

If I can’t tow honestly, I’ll find another way

Cops see a yellow curb as I paint it red

Maybe I’ll take some plea, not have to face the feds

You can't be innocent, when your hands are red


No more will my bank account turn a deeper green

And KESQ is saying what I did was mean

If I look hard enough into the setting sun

I see yellow turning red, but I regret my fun


I see a red curb, but I have to paint it yellow

All part of my plea deal, I have to paint ‘em yellow


I see the girls walk by, dressed in their summer clothes

Convicts won’t be getting love, as any convict knows


I gotta paint it, paint it yellow!

I want to blot the sun from the sky

Burning my neck, beet red

I want to paint myself yellow, lay next to the curb,

Make my escape.


Paint myself! Paint me YELLOW!!!!

No comments: